i loved sebastian stan before it was cool
um me before you cuz like Kings sweetie
I have a bike from the set of Kings, does that count…?
There’s something very important in Dean not only listening to this, but responding as well. Before, when it really mattered, it was, “Blah blah blah Raphael, right?” Now he’ll listen to Cas ramble about monkeys and answer questions about lipstick.
Dean is making an effort here, isn’t it obvious?
It absolutely is. And it warms my heart. He is also asking him if he wants to come inside and tell them what’s going on, not ordering him to do so, and this is after he’s willingly gone out to get him rather than expecting or demanding him to shimmy himself in there. Here he is treating him as a person, a friend, rather than a soldier and a weapon. Well, he’s started to, at least - he still lashes out a few times during the episode, but learns rather quickly that it will get him nowhere. That this subtle approach of kindness, offering choices that actually matter, is the way to go, and the wounds are slowly and carefully being stitched up.
And the fact that this little miracle is playing out to the lyrics of the tunes on the radio that goes, “They did not listen, they did not know how. Perhaps they’ll listen now” makes me just want to cry.#dean tried #he tried to get through to cas #get through to this cas that he didn’t know at all #but later #he just couldn’t #he couldn’t deal with this new cas because he wanted the old one back #he wanted the cas that didn’t understand references #he wanted the cas that stared too long #he wanted the cas who stood straight and proud #he wanted the cas who did things first and asked questions later #he wanted the cas he was friends with #but he’s left with this… person #who likes monkeys and bees and nature #this broken angel who once had purpose #who had told dean no so many times until dean pushed him over the edge #this torn being that dean has to look at and think #‘i pushed you so you could fly’ #‘not so you could fall’
I’d also like to make another point about the song playing, “Starry Starry Night” by Don McLean, about Vincent Van Gogh. These were the words playing during this conversation, and it was hard to hear if you weren’t paying close attention:
Now I understand what you tried to say to me
how you suffered for your sanity
how you tried to set them free.
They would not listen
they did not know how
perhaps they’ll listen now.
just think about that for a little bit. it’s a beautiful song, and fits so amazingly for that episode and Castiel’s state of mind.
I was tagged by somanyfandomssolittletime, who is the Face to my Murdock!
1. Favorite kind of weather?
Sunny and warm, like 80s and a very slight breeze.
2. Finish the sentence: Keep calm and _____.
Eat a cookie.
3. If your friends were throwing you a surprise birthday party, what kind of cake should they get you?
Either the aunt sassy cake from Baked in Brooklyn or a cookie cake with loads of icing and a big glass of milk
4. If you could have a wardrobe full of clothes from a single decade, which decade would it be?
This decade, and mostly j. crew…
5. Have you ever met any celebrities?
Loads - a partial list includes: Ioan Gruffudd, Chris Pine, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Kevin Smith, Anthony Kiedis, Taylor Hawkins, Billy Joel, Ella Fitzgerald, Denzel Washington, Spike Lee, Mariah Carey, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Robert DeNiro, and Uma Thurman.
6. It’s trivia night; for which topic are you a valuable asset to the team?
I am banned from Trivial Pursuit because I’m a know-it-all…
7. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Hangry if not fed
8. If you ruled your own country, who would you get to write your national anthem?
9. What historical figure would you most like to have a discussion with?
10. If you had a time traveling DeLorean, where/when would you go and why?
My dad had a DeLorean when I was a kid, but it only took me to school… So I’d probably go to the Bronze Age Near East and take pictures for my thesis!
1. If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Lobster Mac & Cheese with a side of coleslaw, pickles, and buttered cornbread.
2. Who is your historical crush and why?
Tesla. So much genius.
3. Would you rather explore the ocean floor or one of Jupiter’s moons?
Ocean floor - get me my own Seaquest!
4. Star Trek, Star Wars, or Stargate?
5. What is your real-life ability superhero name? (For example, mine would be The Baker or The Klutz)
6. MARRY, FUCK, KILL, Avengers version - who do you choose?
Heroes - Marry Cap, Fuck Tony, Kill Black Widow
Villans - Marry Bucky, Fuck Loki, Kill Everyone Else
7. What is your apocalypse of choice?
8. What (or who) is your spirit animal, really?
9. What brought you to tumblr?
The punk who tagged me! ;)
10. Referring back to #7, what fictional characters would make up your five-member team?
Well, if I had to fight the apocalypse, I’d want Castiel, Dr. Strange, Constantine, Hellboy, and Thor.
My new questions:
What three items - tangible or not / fictional or not - would you take to a deserted island you could never leave?
I would pick a solar-powered Star Trek replicator, my family & friends, and all the good MCU characters (as well as Bucky & Loki). Hey Cap, on your left! ;)
What actor/actress can you not stand but are forced to watch because they are in loads of movies?
Johnny Depp - he’s gone so downhill since 2000…
I will now tag some of my (favourite) followers - please carry this on!
Guys in glasses. Part 3.